The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were developed by the United Nations and adopted by all member states in 2015. The goals are a shared blueprint for all sectors of society to use to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. They help investors identify areas where capital is needed to address the world’s biggest problems.
Like many in the impact investing sector, we use the SDGs to measure, manage and report on impact. We believe in the goals’ potential and work towards their attainment. When we invest our clients capital we strive to progress all of the SDG’s.
As a company, the overarching goal we have committed to advancing is SDG 17: Partnership for the Goals.
The Power of Partnership
Big problems need to be tackled in big ways.
Rally’s vision is to transform the world by transforming investing. The capital needed to do so is so great, traditional structures so rooted and systems so entrenched that we cannot have the scale of impact we desire by acting alone. So at Rally we work with others through informal collaborations and collective actions and through formal partnerships to grow the impact investing sector.
Operating from a mindset of abundance rather than scarcity, we believe working with aligned committed partners speeds up and scales our efforts so that we can make a difference to more people more quickly.
When we find the right partners we are stronger together. How do we identify those right partners? Decades of learning have taught us that we need to create a strong foundation of trust that is built on shared values and principles, common objectives and complementary strengths.
Our values of honesty, generosity, empathy, curiosity, and integrity keep us focused on who we are trying to serve and why. We are also humble enough to recognize there are outstanding people doing outstanding work in meaningful ways that we can support.
Some of our partners:
- Good & Well
- Impact Management Project. Learn more at impactfrontiers.ca
- ImpactAND, a consulting firm focused on strategic issues, capital raising and awareness-building for organizations interested in leveraging impact investing
- Impakt, a certified B Corporation that helps corporations and civil society organizations solve social problems
- Manifest Climate, a consultancy that helps businesses understand their climate-related risks and opportunities, enabling them to transition to the net-zero economy
- Michael Lee-Chin Institute for Sustainability. Learn more at openimpact.ca
- SHARE, Stakeholder Advocacy, Research and Education. Learn more at impactinvesting.ca
- Spire Philanthropy, a consultancy that helps charities build successful partnerships with corporations based on shared strategic beliefs
We are fortunate to have these exceptional partners who are catalysts for social change in their own right, supporting us with their insights, expertise, time, passion and relationships. We welcome opportunities to form additional partnerships that can be mutually beneficial and amplify our collective impact.