Director, Business Development
- Deadline: August 20
- PDF of job posting
Investing is a powerful tool for change. We know it, because for a decade we’ve been helping our clients to bring about social and environmental progress through how and where they invest their assets. And now, as the need and benefit of investing more responsibly becomes mainstream, we are poised and positioned for growth. With our solid track record, highly skilled team and new product and service offerings we are ready to broaden our reach. That’s where you come in. As our Director, Business Development, you’ll help us reach new market segments, build trusted relationships and contribute to the growth of our firm by bringing in new clients. If you’re passionate about impact investing, a great communicator, and a proven achiever; and if you’re capable, connected and client-focused, please get in touch.
Help us seize this opportunity. Together, we’ll transform investing and transform the world.
ABOUT RALLY ASSETS
Rally Assets is an impact investment management and advisory firm. We work with corporate and institutional investors, foundations, family offices and philanthropists to deliver specialized solutions that help our clients create positive social and environmental impact without compromising financial returns. Since our start in 2010, we have been a trusted leader in the sector.
We support our clients through their impact investing journey, from education and strategy development to implementation, impact measurement and integrated reporting. As a registered portfolio manager, our customized investment strategies span the impact investment spectrum and include both public and private markets, ESG, responsible investing and impact investing. In response to specific client demands for impact investment alternatives, we have recently launched two of our own funds. Our multi-disciplinary team brings proven expertise to impact investing. With diverse backgrounds in the corporate, nonprofit, and philanthropic sectors we have a unique blend of experience that helps ensure our clients succeed.
We believe in the promise of “business as a force for good” and are proud to be a certified B Corporation.
Rally Assets is seeking a Director, Business Development to design and implement our business development strategy with accredited and institutional investors (not retail investors). With a focus on growing new customer segments, this individual will be responsible for all business development activities as they support the strategic priorities of the firm. Business development activities will be focused on providing impact advisory services to a wide range of prospects, securing commitments to invest capital for impact either through Rally’s existing funds or through customized portfolios via separately managed accounts and offering new products or services in response to client demand. This role will appeal to someone who has a personal commitment to impact and is aligned from a values standpoint with Rally’s mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are seeking a highly entrepreneurial individual to join our team, to enhance our business development activities. Applicants can expect this role to include the following:
Developing a dynamic business development strategy
- Engaging in market research and analysis of customer/competitor information to identify opportunities in different market segments
- Developing the business development strategy and delivering on it
- Collaborating with marketing and communications on market-based strategies to enhance inbound opportunities
- Implementing a systematic approach to optimize sales funnel and conversion
Finding and building relationships with new and existing clients
- Researching, prospecting and presenting to potential clients for our advisory, asset management and impact measurement services
- Building and deepening on existing relationships, networks and strategies – yours and Rally’s and building new ones
- Developing relationships with consultants/advisors/managers who serve the high net worth and family office market to help them see how impact investing, and our impact investing services, can help them and their clients
- Building relationships with investment advisors whose clients are looking for responsible investing alternatives
- Supporting requests for proposals and contract development
- Supporting senior leadership team on sales, business development and strategic partnership opportunities
The ideal candidate will have the following professional qualifications and experiences:
- 5+ years of experience developing and successfully implementing a sales/business development strategy in a financial service or related role
- Experience working with key audiences such as Family Offices, Investment Advisors, Pension Funds or Pension Fund consultants, Portfolio Managers, Foundations and High Net Worth Individuals
- Familiarity with impact investing and knowledge of products in the Canadian impact investing marketplace
- Proven ability to bring in clients and to maintain good client relationships
- Exceptional communication and presentational skills, including experience succinctly conveying relevant information to decision makers through a range of formats
- Strong digital skills, comfortable with remote technologies and CRM tools
- Business-level proficiency in French would be a bonus
The ideal candidate will also have the following personal characteristics:
- A self-starter who is able to work independently, exercise good judgment with limited supervision, prioritize among competing demands, and manage time effectively
- A “people” person and relationship builder
- Comfort in a fast-paced, evolving and self-directed working environment
- Strong team player and ability to work in and contribute to a respectful, inclusive and vibrant culture that strives to work together and support the development of all its members
- Results-oriented, goal-driven
- Comfort or experience working in a ‘start up’ culture – that is flat, nimble and agile and resource constrained
- Authentic desire to work in a social purpose organization
- Strong interest in impact investing, social entrepreneurship, social innovation or social finance• Humility and a deep interest in continuous learning
- This is a full-time position. Applicants interested in a long-term, part-time role may also be considered based on their experience.
- The targeted anticipated start date for this position is August 2020 with some flexibility if required.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, combining base salary, benefits and performance-based incentives.
- Rally’s offices are in downtown Toronto. At the moment, staff are working remotely.
Rally Assets is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and Indigenous status. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Our offices are wheelchair accessible.
Interested individuals should submit their resume and cover letter in a single document to Ross Campbell at IQ Partners (email@example.com) by August 20, 2020. Your cover letter, no more than one page, should explain how your skills and experiences will help Rally grow its client base. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.