Impact Investing Advisory Services
Advice to support understanding and action.
For over a decade, we’ve been helping mission-oriented clients across the country better understand the world of impact investing and its opportunities and trends, how to use different forms of capital, and how to implement a strategy to achieve impact.
We work with our clients to understand their goals, build an informed and well-balanced investment approach, and construct the process to translate impact intentions into prudent and informed investment decisions.
Our impact advisory services support our clients’ ability to be a part of the impact investing sector. Our services:
- Increase clients’ understanding of the diverse, and changing, impact investing sector
- Support clients to become, or remain, impact investors
- Guide clients to embed impact into business strategies
Strategy and investment policy development
We lead clients through a process to develop an impact investment strategy including an investment approach, theory of change, allocation, governance, investment parameters and resulting IPS. We excel in stakeholder management and engagement to ensure alignment and delivery of results. Our strong knowledge of governance and fiduciary obligations is essential in guiding families, investment committees, boards and staff.
Portfolio impact auditing
An audit of the social and environmental impact of a portfolio and how well it is aligned to mission. The audit enables clients to develop strategy, engage with fund managers and showcase their impact to stakeholders.
Education, workshops, resources
Customized sessions for investors, senior staff, boards and investment committees to improve understanding about the ‘how and why’ of impact investing and the breadth of the sector.
Market research and mapping
Market and thematic research and sector deep-dives to help clients navigate the sector.
An experienced team
We have worked with over 100 clients specifically on impact advisory services. Our clients are of various sizes with varying levels of staffing and at different stages in their impact journeys. We have also worked with government agencies in their various approaches to support social innovation and social finance in Canada.
Our team brings capabilities across the full spectrum of responsible and impact investment, including ESG integration, thematic approaches, impact and direct investments.
An advisory process that is client centric and adaptable
- Discover your needs or the needs of your organization – impact goals, financial parameters, governance. For example:
- How much of your portfolio do you wish to have in impact investments?
- How specific (thematic) do you want your impact to be?
- Are you looking for public investments or private investments?
- Design an impact investing strategy that meets your needs
- Deploy investments with regular reporting and oversight
- Deepen review, evaluate and recommend changes
The end result: flexible choices to achieve genuine impact and returns aligned with your objectives.